Please read this policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat them.
What personal data is collected and held about you?
Your data are collected when you become a supporter of BACC. We collect your name, postcode and email address. If you have no email address, we collect your home address. If relevant, we may also collect and hold data such as the areas of cycle campaigns that you are interested in.
For what purpose are your personal data collected and used?
- The BACC will only collect information needed for cycle campaigning and communications with supporters, for example to notify you of events that the BACC are organising, send newsletters or send you information and updates about our work and activities.
- We will not give your data to third parties nor will we use your data for commercial purposes.
How we keep your data secure
- We will not allow supporters access to each other’s personal data.
- We only hold as much data as needed, and only for as long as needed.
We process personal data held about you in the following ways
- To enable compliance with statutory and legal obligations.
- To respond to any complaint that you or another supporter might make.
- To answer general enquiries that you or another supporter might make.
What are your rights?
You have rights in relation to your personal data.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the information the BACC hold about you.
- If you find that any of the personal data that we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or contains errors, please notify us and we shall undertake to make the appropriate corrections at the earliest opportunity.
- Should you wish to have some or all of your personal data erased we will do so.
- Should BACC cease operations your data will be deleted.
Restriction or objection
If you wish to object to or restrict how your personal data are processed by us, you can do so by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that such requests could result in an inability to provide you with some or all our services.
You can request that you unsubscribe from receiving future emails by using ‘unsubscribe’ in our newsletters or by emailing email@example.com.
Third party websites
Our website ‘thebacc.org.uk’ contains links to other websites run by other organisations. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third-party websites.
Your questions, comments or requests relating to our processing of your personal data or this policy are welcome. If you want to get in touch with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.